(01) Madhya Pradesh : Highlights

About:

Dr. Bharatkumar Bhate is M.S. General Surgeon (Gold Medalist) by qualification with an experience of 30,000+ operations and is based at Rajkot, Gujarat. He is an avid reader and a passionate writer. In this blog, he shares his travel experiences and creative writings.

Connect on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrBhateRajkot

Blog:

M.P. Tour : Chapter 1: General

Dear friends,

I am an unusual tourist. I like to see tourist attractions which all people normally visit. But in addition, I find out some attractive pockets which are exceptionally good but less popular with the general public. Today, I am writing about my journey to Madhya Pradesh.


I have visited Madhya Pradesh thrice. In my first visit, I visited Pachmarhi, Jabalpur and Kanha forest. On my second trip to M.P., I saw Ujjain, Indore, Maheshwar, Jabalpur etc.  One interesting pocket of M.P. was left out which I visited this time in October,2022. My tour included Jhansi (Capital of Maharani Laxmibai), Orchha (Capital of Bundelkhand - place of Mastani of Bajirao), world famous Khajuraho temples, Panna forest, Bandhavgarh forest and four waterfalls. I will be ending my journey by watching the marble rocks of Bhedaghat, balancing rock and Dhuandhar waterfall (all at Jabalpur).

Our trip was of 6 nights of which we spent 4 nights in hotels of Madhya Pradesh Tourism and the other two were in night travel. The booking of Hotels, Taxi, Forest entry etc. were done by the agent provided by 'Travel Triangle'.

Let me write something about 'Travel Triangle' here. Most of us do not know how it works. It is an online world wide tourism related aggregator service platform. In daily life, when we want to purchase goods online from Amazon, since it is an aggregator, it provides us with many options of vendors who supply them. Once finalized, we pay to Amazon and not to the vendor directly. Travel Triangle, being an aggregator, works in a similar way. It asks you about your itinerary, days of travel, number of persons, choice of hotel category and budget. It then sends our requirements to few tour operators registered with them operating in that geographical territory. The operators will send their quotations and tour itinerary options. We have to select the best offer and negotiate further with them. Once everything is finalized, the payment is made to Travel Triangle website.

Recently, I had done a tour of Egypt via them, and moreover, my son had done a tour of Ladakh through Travel Triangle. Our experience is excellent in both tours.

So, await for the experience of this senior citizen couple and for day-wise tour description.

Have a nice time.

*Dr. Bharat Bhate*