Egypt Day 06

About:

Dr. Bharatkumar Bhate is M.S. General Surgeon (Gold Medalist) by qualification with an experience of 30,000+ operations and is based at Rajkot, Gujarat. He is an avid reader and a passionate writer. In this blog, he shares his travel experiences and creative writings.

Connect on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrBhateRajkot


Blog:

Egypt - Day 6

Our family stayed at Karad in #Maharashtra for 18 years and I was born there. It is located at the bank of two rivers, Krishna and Koyna. Koyna river ends into the Krishna river at Karad, and Krishna river continues onwards from #Karad.
Almost half of the citizens of Karad used to take their morning bath in these two rivers in those days. Swimming was in their blood. Unfortunately, none us in my family know swimming. This is because my elder brother was once almost drowned in it, however, eventually safely saved. Since then, our entry in water was strictly under supervision and only in shallow water.
I envy people when I see them swimming swiftly in water like in lake, river, pool or ocean. Honestly, I enter in shallow water with life jacket or with air filled ring.
Today in #Hurghada, in red sea of #Egypt, we had started our journey for Dolphin watching, Snorkeling, other water sports, swimming in red sea and relaxation on the sea shore.


Our small boat was two storey, beautiful, well maintained and had 20 tourists capacity. I saw plenty of such boats in sea taking tourists for a joy ride. Our boat had all equipments for snorkeling. There was facility to take showers as well.

Watch video by clicking here

There was a kitchen, dining area and two washrooms on ground floor of the boat. On climbing to first floor, there was a beautiful arrangement of sofas for sitting and relaxation. The balcony on front side was for viewing ocean, other boats and dolphins.




Food during lunch was good, though we had limited choice of Vegetarian items. Coffee and cold drinks were served twice during the journey. Some people were enjoying alcoholic drinks as well.
After about 30 minutes of sailing, we all gathered on front side of the boat for Dolphin watching. I had recently seen dolphins at #Goa. However, here the experience was better as we could see as many as 7 dolphins and once we could see a dolphin jumping in the air. To watch a show of trained dolphins and to watch dolphins swimming in ocean in their natural habitat are altogether different experiences.
After another 20 minutes of sailing, we came close to one island whose shore is popular for beautiful coral reef. Almost everyone except Mrs. Bhate had changed clothes and worn life jacket and all equipments for #snorkeling. We were given training of how to go underwater and breathe through mouth. I dared to do snorkeling because our tour guide Mr. Allauddin had promised me that he will remain with me and hold my hands.
And.....and.....and I entered underwater and started breathing from mouth in mask. The scene below is beyond description. I watched plenty of small and medium sized fishes around me. Mr. Allauddin asked me to catch one fish. I tried several times but failed. He offered me a price of 100 US Dollars if I can catch a single fish and give it to him. Now with all tricks and energy, I made several attempts but had to say sorry at the end. Then I started watching below and saw corals of different shapes and colours and with live animals in few of them. Soon our tour photographer came with underwater camera and took my video. I came out early as I was exhausted. It was a once in a lifetime experience. Other tourists were still swimming, snorkeling and enjoying.
After another 45 minutes of sailing, we reached an island where plenty of small huts were present equipped with easy-chair for relaxation and taking Sunbath while watching sea. Lot of people were taking Sunbath with minimum clothes. This sea shore had many swings of different sizes and shapes and special locations for taking pictures. Sea shore was crowded with people swimming in red sea. Kids were playing in sand and some were busy making houses of sand. Good swimmers had gone in deep water. People aged from 5 to 80 were swimming in sea.
Our tour guide had offered me an air filled ring to go in sea. However I preferred to relax and hang around watching people and taking snaps.
After about 90 minutes on sea shore we started our return journey. At the end we had Banana boat ride and another similar rides.
When we reached the sea shore, I literally embraced Mr. Allauddin with few drops of tears at the corner of my eyes. I gave him handsome tip and he gave me a chocolate.




My wife said, this man had fast and will not drink even a drop of water till night. How a wonderful person he was... long live Mr. Allauddin and 'Good bye to Red Sea'.